RAILWAY: stray currents and earthing systems
The SGK was founded in 1923 in order to deal with stray current problems.
This issue is still up to date and our know-how is internationally recognized. Specifically, the following works are performed:
- Examination of stray current protection measures
- Determination of rail insulations
- Checking the electrical earthing situation in regard of the corrosion hazard
- Fault location in electrical earthing systems
- Planning of protective actions
These investigations can often be usefully complemented by the wide material-technical expertise of the SGK.
Thus, the question often arises for an independent material assessment or system tests on complete components with different combinations of materials and corrosion protection systems.