PIPESLINES: International professional competence
Pipelines are very vulnerable to external and internal corrosion. Latest material developments and an increasing influence of DC- and AC-interferences lead to technically demanding corrosion situations. The SGK has specialized in the study of these issues in transport and distribution networks, sprinkler systems as well as heating and air conditioning systems.
Major areas of activity are:
- System studies of complete construction parts and different material combinations
- Planning of cathodic corrosion protection systems
- Functional checks of corrosion protection systems
- Assessment of AC- and DC-stray current interferences of pipelines
- Planning of protective measures against influences from third party structures
- Error location and intensive measurement.
- Quality assurance of stainless steel and coatings
- Protective measures against third party structures
- Failure analysis