The Swiss Society for Corrosion Protection (Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Korrosionsschutz, SGK) was founded in 1923. The SGK aims to promote the corrosion protection in technical and scientific areas. President of the society is Prof. Dr. Ueli Angst (IfB) ETH Zürich. SGK is a neutral, non-profit organisation.
The SGK is the recognized centre of excellence and network concerning issues of corrosion protection.
It supports its members and customers by including the experience of several decades of working at the forefront of applied corrosion research.
It promotes corrosion knowledge of its members and represents their interests in national and international committees.
The SGK assures with their quality management system according to ISO 9001, the high quality of their services and customer satisfaction. Each employee contributes with his responsibility to continually improve the management system, the long- term development of the company and the maintenance of our quality consciousness.
The SGK is committed to maintaining:
- An economical, safe and environmentally friendly corrosion protection
- The supply of the latest state of knowledge
- Education and training in the field of corrosion protection
- The transfer of technology into practice
Working areas and activities
The interdisciplinary team of the SGK has a broad knowledge and a lot of experience in the field of corrosion protection. Technical measurement investigations, development of new methods and basic research with regard to industry requirements are our strength.
The Swiss Society for Corrosion protection is at the forefront of corrosion technology for over 85 years. Their independence and neutrality ensures an objective and efficient way of working. SGK has special knowledge in the analysis of corrosion problems and the development of protective measures. Our knowledge, our laboratory, our measurement technique and methodology are the means in use to maintain your buildings and facilities.
The SGK aims to promote the corrosion protection among its members in technical and scientific aspects. The SGK supports its members, promotes the corrosion knowledge, provides services and represents their interests in international committees.
It is possible to become a member of the SGK, if an interest in issues of corrosion is given or activities in the field of corrosion protection are performed.
There are the following membership categories:
- Individual member: Individuals, which do not have own business interests in matters of corrosion protection.
- Collective members: associations, companies, organisations, educational institutions, and also public bodies and their administrative units, which do not have own business interests in matters of corrosion protection.
- Expert members: manufacturers, engineering companies and similar, which do have own business interests in matters of corrosion protection.
- Expert members have no voting rights in the general assembly and cannot be elected to the managing board. Expert members can participate in the corrosion commission and its working groups in the development of guidelines. The general assembly decides, at the request of the managing board about the admission of new members.